AIEA initiative supports Veterans to transition from military to civilian work
Are you a Veteran looking for a career in Consulting?
The Australasian Interim Executive Association (AIEA) is a peak-body institute for interim executives that are recognised for their practical, hands-on skills and a broad understanding of the total business environment.
Our members are Project Managers, Non-Executive Directors and senior managers who provide their services on a contract or part-time basis. Recently, we have been highlighting the benefits of Hiring a Veteran.
AIEA and Wandering Warriors have been discussing how best to support ex-ADF personnel who wish to work in the Interim Executive space. A veteran who joins AIEA between now and June 2020 will benefit in four ways:
1. Find a Job. The AIEA-Jobs board of (mostly) interim roles is very dynamic and lists at least a dozen new jobs each week. It is free to employers who are looking expressly for the executive talent that they can bring into their business on an interim basis.
2. Networking. Attend the AIEA networking events to meet other members and employers who are looking for an interim executive.
3. Find a Mentor. You will have access to the Member Directory and be able to meet the AIEA members, either face-to-face or by phone and email. These members are seasoned Interim Managers. You will find that they are very approachable and willing to freely give their time to provide the informal mentoring support you need. Don’t be afraid to ask for guidance.
4. Get a Free Membership. Receive a 100% reduction of your membership fee by using the discount code 6NJH5UL4 which is exclusive to past and present military personnel.
Here is the information that you need to join AIEA and take advantage of the 100% discount:
- Go to www.aiea.org.au and get your Free Account. Don’t forget to use your civilian email address as your user name and to Insert ‘Wandering Warriors’ as your organisation.
- Then go to https://www.aiea.org.au/Join-Now.
- Select MAIEA. This will provide you with up to 12 months membership of AIEA. The Membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June. Make the most of it by attending the networking and training events. Make personal ‘coffee’ connections with your fellow members.
- Fill in your details and use discount code 6NJH5UL4 when you get to the payments page. Insert ‘Wandering Warriors’ as your organisation.
We really look forward to welcoming you to AIEA.
If you have any queries or need any extra information get in contact with Mal Walker.
Mal Walker Chairman
FAIEA FIML MAuSAE C.dec
Australasian Interim Executive Association
www.aiea.org.au [email protected]