Who We Need
Our Client is one of the oldest and most experienced agricultural fund managers in Australia. An opportunity has become available for a Veteran with mechanical trade qualifications to work as a Mechanic across their almond orchard and cropping operations in Hillston, NSW.
Hillston is a small, rural town of approximately 1,400 residents with a range of community facilities, including high and primary schools, hospital, and adequate shopping to provide for a large irrigation community. It is a hub for a range of cropping and irrigation farming activities and It is located 110 kilometres from Griffith. On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive market salary dependent on experience and qualifications. The successful applicant will also be eligible to participate in the company’s group salary continuance and life insurance plan at no cost.
The successful, candidate will assist with the maintenance of all pumps and bores, as well as provide ongoing servicing and maintenance of all machinery and vehicles. You will work closely with the Orchard Manager and other maintenance and farm personnel. Reporting to the Orchard Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Sourcing and ordering machine and engine parts,
• Regular maintenance and repair of bores,
• Regular maintenance and repairs of farm machinery,
• Updating the maintenance register recording all work carried out,
• Guiding and coaching other maintenance personnel, and
• Following WHS systems and processes.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
• physically fit, self-motivated and reliable,
• able to work independently as well as part of a small team,
• the holder of a current NSW C Class Manual Driver’s Licence,
• able to troubleshoot issues and solve complex problems,
• qualified in a mechanical trade, and
• able to work flexible hours in emergencies.
Previous experience working in an agricultural operation with farm machinery and irrigation pumps and bores would be preferred. If you have certification to work on air-conditioning systems you will be highly regarded for this role. You will be able to provide working examples where you have displayed the key values of respect and responsibility. These are critical requirements to be successful in this role.
Key Job Info
- Utilise military skills and qualifications
- World-class Australian owned farming company
- Competitive salary of $65,000 – $70,000
- Career progression opportunities