Who We Need
Agri Veterans is looking for 6 x Maintenance Mechanics to work for one of Australia’s largest agribusinesses with an international presence. Our client is a leading agricultural company that is seeking to establish a strong team of staff who will grow with the business into the future. These roles will be located on one of the businesses most successful Orchards.
In this position, the Maintenance Mechanic is accountable for planning and performing both preventative and breakdown mechanical maintenance on pack house fixed and mobile assets. You will be responsible for:
– Co-ordination of contracted electrical maintenance support
– Completion of ‘whole of job maintenance work scopes on Capex projects
– Fabrication activities and alteration work on equipment and machinery to meet specialised business needs
– Ensuring that all Health, Safety and Environment standards are adhered to while meeting the organisation’s maintenance and production needs
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have a mechanical trade qualification and have a preparedness to develop and utilise additional skills in welding, pneumatics and hydraulics.
Essential personal attributes include ability to both plan and perform a broad scope of maintenance work, a capacity to lead and positively influence others and a commitment to work safely at all times with limited direct management assistance.
A preparedness and ability to work regular additional hours and weekends as a part of a roster or on an as needs basis during harvest and maintenance shutdown periods is essential.
Previous experience in the fresh produce pack-house industry, while advantageous, is not a prerequisite for consideration.
Key Job Info
- Excellent employer
- Ongoing career progression
- Diverse & interesting role
To apply go to: http://www.agriveterans.com.au/candidates/current-positions/maintenance-mechanic/